Comment #134 on issue 103737 by ***@gmail.com: Very long wait for
save file dialog to open when downloading a file (any file) the first time
after starting chrome
Clearing the DNS cache eventually worked for me (which was not cleared when
either clearing browsing history, or resetting settings, as suggested
I had the same problem (Version 47.0.2526.111 m), but with seemingly even
- Save and open dialog boxes would be so slow I forgot about them by the
time they did open (minutes to hours).
- When exiting Chrome it would indicate downloads were in progress (asking
whether I want to cancel them), although they were not listed
- Some pages would only load halfway and then crash, and overall page
loading was 'quirky' and unstable.
- Receiving 'DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN' at times, followed by the page in
- Eventually no pages could be loaded any longer (endless load icon).
- Google Chrome update did not seem to work; I ran update now that I found
a solution, and only now did I find updates (48.0.2564.82 m). Maybe it is
thus a bug which can not be fixed by releasing an update?
Judging from the error messages I figured it might be related to DNS, and
seemingly Chrome has an internal DNS cache. Perhaps a shot in the dark, but
clearing this cache resolved the issues I had.
If it is any help, I seem to recall this issue first started after Chrome
warned me about visiting a potentially dangerous site (red page shown).
This page seemed somewhat different than I was used to (potentially
slightly new feature?).
Hope this helps others with the same problem!
You received this message because this project is configured to send all
issue notifications to this address.
You may adjust your notification preferences at:
Automated mail from issue updates at http://crbug.com/
Subscription options: http://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/group/chromium-bugs
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Chromium-bugs" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.